The mission of the Loyola University New Orleans Police Department is to effectively and efficiently provide a safe environment conducive to learning and teaching by providing for the protection of lives and property, preserving the public peace, and providing the needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards, in the Jesuit tradition of "Cura Personalis" (care for the whole person)
Should you have any questions about Loyola’s Public Safety/University Police Department, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 1-504-865-3434. We’d love to hear from you!
As dedicated and contributive members of the university community we serve, we strive to form partnerships with students, faculty and staff in the learning process of developing the whole person. By doing our best to provide leadership in preventing and controlling crime through education and the responsibilities entrusted to us, we will continue to make available a number of auxiliary services to improve the quality of life in support of the university’s mission.
The department pledges to protect, to educate and to serve with the following core values:
• HONESTY - Placing personal integrity and that of our department above all. We shall endeavor to serve the community with fairness and sincerity.
• INTEGRITY - Being consistent and truthful in our beliefs and actions; holding ourselves to the highest level of moral and ethical conduct.
• ACCOUNTABILITY - Taking responsibility for our actions and ensuring that our behavior earns the support and trust of the public.
• DEDICATION – Commitment to both the department’s mission and the university’s mission reflecting Ignatian ideals of faith, truth, justice and service.
• PROFESSIONALISM - Working in our university community with high standards and a strong sense of equality and impartiality.
• RESPECT - Showing consideration and courteous regard for all persons; recognizing and honoring individual characteristics and traits.
• TEAMWORK - The talents and skills of our employees and members of the community working together to achieve our common goals.